Monday, June 18, 2012

Another PR!

I did it again on Saturday.  I set another pr, this time at the Purple Stride 5K in a time of 20 minutes, 18 seconds, which translates to 6 minutes and 32 seconds per mile.  To top it off, I came in 21st place overall out of 537 runners and 4th out of 67 male runners aged 30-39.  I was actually near the front within spitting distance of the real runners, those who looked the part.  You know, the men and women who are rail skinny, have easy strides, and probably ran cross country or track in college.  There is definitely a measure of satisfaction to know that I’m almost as fast as they are, and that the training has paid dividends already.  But I am not going to let that go to my head.  I know there is still a long, long way to go before Chicago and reaching my dream of a Boston qualifying time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment